Larysa Soroka (May 19, 1973, Kirovohrad, Kirovohrad region, Ukraine) is a Doctor of Law, Associate Professor, Deputy Director of Research at the Scientific Institute of Public Law, and the Deputy Editor-in-Chief of “Advanced Space Law” journal. She is the author of more than 60 scientific publications. Main scientific interests: legal responsibility, use of space technologies and artificial intelligence in the law enforcement process, human rights, administrative and legal regulation of the space industry.
Main stages of scientific activity, results, ideas and projects
Ethical and legal aspects of the use of space technologies and artificial intelligence in the law enforcement process; administrative and legal regulation of the space industry (from 2013 to the present time);
Human rights and the application of legal responsibility (2003 to 2013).
- In 2020, she defended her dissertation on “Administrative and Legal Mechanism of Realization of the Space Doctrine of Ukraine” and received the degree of Doctor of Laws (Doctor of Science).
- In 2013 was awarded with the academic status of Associate Professor.
- In 2005 defended a thesis for obtaining the degree of Ph.D. in Law, specialty 12.00.07 “Management Theory; Administrative Law and Process; Information Law; Finance Law”.
- In 1999 graduated from the National Academy of Internal Affairs of Ukraine, specialty: jurisprudence (Kyiv).
- In 1995 graduated from V. Vinnichenko Kirovohrad State Pedagogical University, specialty: history teacher.
- In 1990 graduated from high school, Kirovohrad, Ukraine.
From 2000 to the present time she is engaged in scientific and pedagogical activity in the field of jurisprudence. She held the positions of Associate Professor, Professor, Head of the Department, Deputy Director of the Educational and Scientific Institute of Higher Law Universities of Ukraine.
In 1996-2000 she served in the bodies of the Ministry of Internal Affairs, Ukraine.