Vasyl Semenyaka (August 5, 1975, Krylivka, Zhytomyr region, Ukraine) is a Doctor of Law.
He has written over 50 scientific works. Main scientific interests: international and national space law, civil and insurance law.
Main stages of scientific activity, results, ideas and projects
- Study of international and national legal frameworks of the authorization mechanism for the conduct of space activities, preparation of practical guides to improve measures of government regulation of space activities (from 2017 to present).
- Participation in the implementation of the common Ukrainian-European space project “LEOSWEEP” (funded by the European Union within the 7th Framework Program), development of an international legal mechanism for active space debris removal (2015-2016).
- Analysis of legal measures ensuring the security of space activities and the preservation of outer space from litter, the establishment of scientific regulations and proposals for improvement of the norms of international space law and national space legislation (2012-2014).
- Analysis of actual problems of the development of international and national space law. The rationale for codification in the field of international space law through the development of a Comprehensive Convention on Space Law (2005-2011).
- Development of theoretical and applied legal insurance problems in the implementation of space activities, policy setting of improvement of legal regulation of space insurance relations (1998-2004).
He defended his thesis for a Candidate Degree in Law, Kyiv, Ukraine (2004).
Graduated from the Institute of State and Law of V.M. Koretsky National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine (2000).
Graduated from the National Academy of Law named after Yaroslav Mudryi, Kharkiv, the Faculty of Law (1997).
Graduated from high school, Chervone, Zhytomyr region, Ukraine (1992).
Vasyl Semenyaka participated in: researches regarding the progressive development of international and national space law; preparation of draft legislation in the field of space activities; analyses of draft laws and regulations in the field of space activities, as well as actual legal issues of organization and implementation of space activities.
From 2011 to present, Senior Researcher of the Institute of State and Law of V.M. Koretsky National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine and Head of the Regulatory Work Sector of the International Center for Space Law, Kyiv. He is engaged in scientific and pedagogical activities in the field of space law.
From 2001-2010, he was a researcher at the International Center for Space Law at the Institute of State and Law of V.M. Koretsky National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine.
He received the Honorable Diplomas of Institute of State and Law of V.M. Koretsky National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine.